Vacancy: Barista and F&B Coordinator
The role of ‘Barista and F&B Coordinator’ is an exciting opportunity to join the team at our upcoming workspace, Bayspace, due to open in April 2023. Set within a renovated and iconic Grade II listed building with spectacular views of St. Ives Bay, Bayspace will inspire creativity, connection with the local community and provide opportunities for both start-ups and well-established businesses.
As the ‘Barista and F&B Coordinator’, you will run the small but perfectly formed caffeine-hub of the workspace, the Bayspace Café, primarily open to members of the workspace and their guests. You will be a coffee expert, making a range of hot & cold drinks, plus selling our simple food offering. As we are a new business, there will be an opportunity to have significant creative input and take the lead in developing our overall approach to F&B at Bayspace.
This is a year-round position with excellent growth potential and an opportunity to have a meaningful impact within a new business, supporting the overall ambitions of St Ives Workstation CIC and sustainable economic development within St Ives.
What you will do:
- Run the café service between 8am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Make a range of hot and cold drinks, showing passion for carefully sourced products (coffee supplied by the amazing Foundation Coffee Roastery in St Ives.)
- Deliver drinks and snacks to meeting room groups in our three meeting rooms.
- Sell our healthy pre-prepared food offering to members and guests via the café.
- Creatively help to develop the F&B offering, introducing new products from local suppliers.
- Look after stock control, liaise with café suppliers to arrange orders and deliveries.
- Oversee health & safety and hygiene coordination as applicable.
- Make sure our machinery is functioning well, arranging callouts as necessary.
At times, our café doubles up as our reception, and so there will also be duties associated with welcoming and directing members and guests within Bayspace:
- Welcoming members and visitors to Bayspace via the café entrance.
- Signing guests in on our space management system, Nexudus.
- Assisting with membership and access management.
- Handling telephone enquiries.
We are looking for a highly experienced Barista who thrives in a customer-facing environment. You will have a calm demeanour and the ability to run a very busy café autonomously. You’ll have a passion for food and drink, with a creative and entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll be a team player; we’re a small team, so always support one another.
This is an active and physical role, so you’ll be happy with lots of time spent on feet, engaging with customers, finding solutions to new and unexpected challenges, and adapting to whatever the day may have in store for us!
Hours, Salary, and Benefits
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 per annum depending on experience.
Generous holiday: 30 days, plus 8 bank holidays per year.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week (usually Monday to Friday), including evenings and occasional weekends.
Start date: April 2023
If you think this role could be perfect for you, please send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com by the 27th of March. Please note we cannot accept any application submitted after the deadline.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.