Vacancy: Café Coordinator
The role of Café Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to head up all things hospitality at our upcoming workspace, Bayspace, due to open in January 2023. Set within a renovated and iconic Grade II listed building with spectacular views of St. Ives Bay, Bayspace will inspire creativity, connection with the local community and provide opportunities for both start-ups and well-established businesses.
As our Café Coordinator, you will open up Bayspace each morning and run the small but perfectly formed caffeine-hub of the workspace, the Bayspace Cafe. You will create and maintain a welcoming environment at the space, greeting members and visitors arriving via the cafe and delivering an exceptional customer experience. You will take complete ownership of the café offering, with great barista skills and knowledge, as well as a passion for food and drink. In the background, you will also hold a range of operational and administrative duties to support our tight-knit Community Team and ensure the workspace always runs like clockwork.
This is a year-round, full-time hospitality role, with an opportunity to have a meaningful impact within a new business, supporting the overall ambitions of St Ives Workstation CIC and sustainable economic development within St Ives.
What you will do:
Café Coordination & Barista Duties
- Making coffees and a range of other cold and hot drinks for members and guests, 8am to 3:30pm.
- Enhancing our café offering, trialling new drinks and snacks and gathering feedback from members.
- Developing our sustainability credentials across our supplier portfolio and café operations.
- Working closely with the Head of Bayspace to manage the hospitality P&L.
- Delivering drinks and snacks to meeting room bookings and for events.
- Building and delivering our food offering for members (breakfast and lunch.)
- Stock control and management, plus liaising with café suppliers.
- Developing our bar offering, working closely with our Community & Events Manager.
- Café health & safety and hygiene management.
- Café machine maintenance, and general operational duties.
Front of House
- Welcoming members and visitors to Bayspace via the café entrance.
- Signing guests in on our space management system, Nexudus.
- Accepting post and deliveries for members.
- Assisting with membership and access management.
- Assisting with onboarding new members to Bayspace.
- Handling telephone and email enquiries.
- Handling meeting room bookings.
General Operational Support
We’re a small team and support one another across a range of day-to-day responsibilities, including:
- Technical and operational troubleshooting throughout the space.
- Open and/or close the space, depending on shift patterns.
- Liaising with our suppliers and arranging callouts to resolve issues where necessary.
We are looking for a Café Coordinator who is a true people-person, possessing a ‘can-do’ attitude and the capacity to genuinely engage with a broad range of individuals entering Bayspace. You will have a calm demeanour and the ability to manage a varying workload and a dynamic set of priorities. You will be a food and drinks expert and passionate about sustainability, excited to own this part of our offering and create something unique for our members.
You are self-motivated and take a flexible and competent approach to your role; a hospitality-pro, with an aptitude for making people feel valued and welcome. You thrive in an opportunity to deliver an exemplary customer experience, not afraid to iterate and improve on our approach to enhance service levels.
This is an active and physical role, so you will be happy with lots of time spent on feet, engaging with customers, finding solutions to new and unexpected challenges, and adapting to whatever the day may have in store for us!
Skills & Experience
It is essential that you have:
- Experience in a customer-facing hospitality environment, with exemplary customer service skills.
- Demonstrable barista skills, with prior café experience.
- A keen interest in food & beverage, motivated to build a new café offering.
- Excellent communication abilities (written and oral.)
- Competent knowledge of St Ives and locally surrounding areas.
Hours, Salary and Benefits
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 per annum
Generous holiday: 30 days, plus 8 bank holidays per year.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week (usually Monday to Friday), including evenings and occasional weekends.
Start date: January 2023
Application Process: If you think this role could be perfect for you, please send a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we cannot accept any application submitted after the deadline.
Closing date: 14th November 2022
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
01736 80 88 80
Meeting & Events
Terms of Service